Senior Accountant – New York, NY
The Senior Accountant, reporting to the Controller, will apply professional financial concepts and techniques dedicated to preparing, analyzing, consolidating, and reviewing accounting processes and procedures.
- Prepare and review general monthly journal entries.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Oversee the preparation of GAAP financial statements, supporting schedules and variance analysis.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management and bank reporting packages and related analysis.
- Manage and record all daily revenue activities including revenue
- Prepare for and coordinate with external auditors in connection with company’s annual audit.
- Develop accounting systems and internal control processes to enhance the company’s financial reporting and internal control environment.
- Special projects as directed by Controller.
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, CPA a plus..
- MUST have strong knowledge of Great Plains
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Access is required.
- 3+ yrs experience in Public/Private Accounting experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Ability to excel in a team environment and work independently.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, lap tops, phones, mobile devices, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following: sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel.
Screenvision does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, employment status, disability or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local laws. AA/EOE