SCREENVISION SIGNS 1,200+ SCREENS VIA NEW LONG-TERM AGREEMENTS WITH CIRCUITS INCLUDING FRANK THEATRES, PREMIERE CINEMAS, CEC THEATRES, NEIGHBORHOOD CINEMAS, EMAGINE ENTERTAINMENT AND MANN THEATRES
SCREENVISION SIGNS 1,200+ SCREENS VIA NEW LONG-TERM AGREEMENTS WITH CIRCUITS INCLUDING FRANK THEATRES, PREMIERE CINEMAS, CEC THEATRES, NEIGHBORHOOD CINEMAS,EMAGINE ENTERTAINMENT AND MANN THEATRES
INCREASES DIGITAL FOOTPRINT AND THE PENETRATION OF ITS SATELLITE DELIVERY SERVICE
New York, NY (July 16, 2012) — Screenvision, a leading innovator in cinema advertising and alternative content programming, has just signed a number of new, long-term exhibitor agreements that will secure more than 1,200 screens and increase the digital footprint and satellite delivery to its coast-to-coast in-cinema advertising network. The deals include a first-time agreement with Mann Theatres and long-term renewals with Frank Theatres, Premiere Cinemas, CEC Theatres, Neighborhood Cinemas and Emagine Entertainment.
The new deals come on the heels of the April 2012 launch of The Limelight and its Screenfanz app, a dramatically re-engineered in-cinema advertising pre-show, with a 2-screen configuration targeted to the big screen and mobile devices that empowers advertisers to capitalize upon mobile interactivity and social connectivity with their ad buys coast-to-coast.
“These new deals are a major sign of support for our continuing efforts to innovate the world of in-cinema marketing,” states Darryl Schaffer, Executive Vice President of Operations and Exhibitor Relations for Screenvision. “They represent a major step forward in our digital evolution and for the long-term growth of our company and in-cinema advertising as a whole.”
In part, due to the conversion to digital cinema, 98% of Screenvision’s preshows are exhibited in a digital format. By year’s end, 8,000 screens in the 14,500 screen national network will have satellite delivery of ads and alternative content via Screenvision’s Digital SkyArc service. Importantly, the new deals provide Screenvision with an average remaining term on all its exhibitor contracts of nine years. The average remaining term with its top 12 exhibitor partners, representing over 6,000 screens nationally, is 15 years.
Following are facts on the new exhibitor deals:
- CEC Theatres – Based in Waite Park, Minnesota, CEC Theatres has a network of 18 theaters representing 141 screens in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska, with six locations and 50 screens in the Minneapolis DMA (#15). Screenvision will be installing its SkyArc satellite delivery service in all locations;
- Emagine Entertainment – Based in Novi, Michigan, Emagine Entertainment has six all-digital theaters with a total of 70 screens, which currently employ SkyArc. Four theaters representing 56 screens are in the Detroit DMA (#11);
- Frank Theatres – Based in Jupiter, Florida, Frank Theatres is a network of 26 theaters with 268 screens, along the Eastern Seaboard, in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, North and South Carolina, West Virginia and Georgia. Seventeen theaters with a total of 156 screens are in top 25 DMAs, New York (#1), Philadelphia (#4), Tampa (#14), Miami (#16) and Raleigh (#24);
- Premiere Cinemas – Based in Big Springs, Texas, Premiere Cinemas has 22 theaters with 254 screens in Texas, Alabama, Florida and New Mexico with six locations representing 59 screens in the Houston DMA (#10) and one 14-plex in the Dallas DMA (#5). Under the new deal, Screenvision will achieve full digital conversion with the network, installing its SkyArc solution in nine remaining theaters across 63 screens;
- Mann Theatres – Based in Bloomington, Minnesota, Screenvision’s newest exhibitor partner has nine theaters with a total of 70 screens; 7 theaters representing 54 screens are in the Minneapolis DMA (#15). Screenvision’s SkyArc satellite delivery will be installed in all locations;
- Neighborhood Cinemas – Based in Owosso, Michigan, Neighborhood Cinemas has 14 theatres with 135 total screens, with 85 screens in Michigan and others in Georgia, Tennessee and Indiana. The three Georgia locations, with 32 total screens, are in the Atlanta DMA (#9). “We are excited to continue our partnership with Screenvision,” added Bruce Frank, President and CEO of Frank Theatres. “Our relationship goes back to 2008 and we look forward to another ten years with a leader in cinema advertising. We’re more than pleased with the direction their digital preshow is going.
Over the past few years, Screenvision signed its largest six exhibitor partners to long-term deals; these include Carmike Cinemas, Marcus Theatres, Rave Motion Pictures, National Amusements, Harkins Theatres and Malco Theatres. In the past year, Screenvision also announced the signing of key regional partners such as Clearview Cinemas, Pacific Theatres and Wehrenberg Theatres.